Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It Has Arrived

I posted on Facebook, but this news is worthy of a quick post. Our household goods have arrived to our apartment in KL! After living for a month with a handful of borrowed items (thank you Charlie, Anne, Nicole, and Robin), my first reaction to the arrival of our goods was "wow - shipping this amount of stuff was overkill." Now that I've organized (almost) everything and hung (almost) all the pictures, I'm really glad to have everything here; our apartment feels more cozy.

Since we are trying to make our blog (slightly) informative, let me provide the top items we packed in our suitcases. Both were late additions to our packing, but now I won't leave home without these:

2. Tervis Tumblers - The Cross Recreational Development Annual Fireworks Tervis Tumblers found a spot in our suitcases. Used for hot or cold beverages - and with tops they are also 'to go' glasses - we were grateful to have these. (Thank you, Mom, Dad, and Laura!)

1. Swiss Army Knife - Brian and I traveled to Zurich a few years back. We thought it fitting to buy a Swiss Army Knife. This was a last minute toss into the suitcase on the way to KL. To all the MacGyvers out there: This thing can really do everything. To name a few... repaired our towel rack, adjusted the cabinet doors, opened cans, cut food - including several watermelons, opened multiple beer bottles, removed a splinter (Brian considers that preforming minor surgery), and opened countless boxes and bags.




After opening boxes, it's time for a trip to the pool.
(Playing Sleeping Queens before swimming, but missing
our friends at the Mt. Washington pool.)
And I leave you with this... I've seen these signs on several cars and I finally got a good shot of it. I think I'm going to get a larger version of #4 from the left.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please post a comment or email us directly.